Terms & Conditions
SOUTH AFRICAN TOURISM (ABN) SUITE 302, LEVEL 3, 117 YORK ST, SYDNEY (“the Promoter”)
SPICE UP YOUR LIFE IN SOUTH AFRICA VIA SINGAPORE (“the Promotion”)
Commencing Thursday 21 November 2013 at 18:00:01pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and closing on Tuesday 31 December, 2013 at 11.59:59pm AEST (“Promotion Period”)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In consideration of you entering the Promotion you agree to the following.
How to Submit a Valid Entry
1. You are eligible to enter if you:
a. are a person who is an Australian Resident aged 18 years or over;
b. have not travelled to South Africa;
c. are capable of engaging in strenuous physical activity without risk to your health;
d. have a valid passport and are willing to travel to South Africa between 1 March 2014 and must be completed by 26 November 2014;
e. willing to participate in the activities listed in the prize including city and township tours;
f. submit a Valid Entry (see below);
g. agree to the Terms and Conditions;
h. do not breach the Terms and Conditions; and
i. are not an employee or immediate family member of an employee of the Promoter or an entity associated with the Promotion.
2. The only way to submit a Valid Entry is by visiting the South African Tourism Homepage on the website http://www.southafrica.net and, during the Promotion Period:
a. entering the SPICE UP YOUR LIFE IN SOUTH AFRICA VIA SINGSPORE competition;
b. uploading a photo;
c. providing your full name, your address, postcode, state, valid email address and valid phone number
d. answering in 25 words or less why you would like to spice up your life in South Africa via Singapore
e. reading and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
3. You must not submit more than one entry.
4. You must not:
a. tamper with the entry mechanism; or
b. use scripting, an application or code to submit multiple entries.
5. You must not submit an entry that:
a. contains invalid, incomplete or inaccurate information;
b. contains a third party’s work or a modification of a third party’s work;
c. contains unacceptable clothing, nudity, adornments or displays of commercial advertising;
d. contains defamatory, offensive, harassing, threatening or intimidating statements or messages;
e. invades the privacy or any other rights of any third party; or
f. breaks any law.
Conditions of Entry
6. You acknowledge and agree that:
a. you are in good physical health, capable of participating in physical activity;
b. you do not suffer from any illness or injury that prevents you from engaging in physical activity;
c. you are willing to participate in the Prize trip including the dates of travel listed in these Conditions and being transported to various locations to participate;
d. to the extent permitted by law, you indemnify the Promoter its agents and servants from any claim, loss, damage or damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, economic, direct or indirect loss, or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with, or arising from, this Promotion;
e. the Promoter does not warrant the accuracy of any information provided to you about the Promotion;
f. if requested, you must participate in editorial activities relating to the Promotion including, but not limited to, being interviewed, photographed and videoed;
g. the Promoter may collect your personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, likeness, email address, picture and participation in editorial and social media activities (“Personal Information”);
h. you must inform the Promoter if your personal information changes during the Promotion Period;
j. you consent to the Promoter disclosing, publishing and disseminating your Personal Information by any means including, but not limited to, in websites, social media, other media coverage, blogs, photographs and videos;
k. you consent to the Promoter sending you emails from the Promoter for research, survey, competition and general promotion purposes;
l. you grant the Promoter a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use your entry for any purpose;
m. you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of your moral rights, or present and future rights of a similar nature, conferred by law anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given (“Moral Rights”);
n. you waive all Moral Rights that arise outside Australia; and
o. you will not start, continue or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of your Moral Rights or intellectual property rights.
7. The time of entry will be the time at which a Valid Entry is received online. You may receive a confirmation message that you have submitted a Valid Entry. The Promoter is not responsible if a Valid Entry is not received whether this is caused by a system difficulty or malfunction or any other reason.
8. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that is legally available to reschedule, change or cancel the Promotion.
Choosing a Winner
9. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify an otherwise Valid Entry if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, you have not complied with these Terms and Conditions or the entry process.
10. One winner will be chosen by the Promoter in their absolute discretion based on the response that best represents a suitable participant for the Prize trip. One guest of the winner must accompany the winner and is tied to the same conditions as listed in the Conditions of Entry. The winner and their companion using the prize must travel together on all Singapore Airlines operated flights as passenger and companion.
11. The Promoter may select alternative winners to replace any subsequently disqualified winner or a winner who does not claim their prize (“Alternate Winners”).
12. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Winners will be notified by email or phone before 8pm AEST by 14 January, 2014 and their names will be published on the South African Tourism website http://www.southafrica.net and published on the Promoter and third party promoter websites and owned communication platforms.
14. There will be one prize of a eight day, seven night trip to South Africa for two people to participate in the Spice up your life Prize trip as the winners with an estimated total value of $13,500 including:
a. Return economy class flights for two from the winner’s closest capital city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane) for two adults to Johannesburg via Singapore, which must be on Singapore Airlines services only. Booking is subject to specific class availability. This flight will include a transition in Singapore, however no accommodation will be provided to the winner as part of the prize.
b. Return economy flights for two Johannesburg to Durban.
c. Seven nights twin-share accommodation with the travel partner in Johannesburg, Durban and in a reserve or national park that holds safari tours.
d. One Durban city sights tour for two people.
e. One Johannesburg city and township tour.
f. A minimum of one safari game drive.
g. Transfers between airports and accommodation locations when in South Africa.
15. The Prize includes travel with a partner and will not accrue any frequent flyer points for the flights included in the prize.
16. Any tickets which remain unused after the expiry date shall be deemed null and void. Extensions are not permitted.
17. The Prize is:
a. not transferable, non-refundable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash;
b. subject to any terms and conditions of the Promoter or any third party providers which the Prize Winner must agree to before accepting the prize;
c. claimable any time up to twenty four hours after the time of notification after which time the Promoter may allocate the prize to an Alternate Winner;
d. substitutable for Prizes of a similar value in the Promoter’s absolute discretion if for any reason the Prizes, or any element of the Prizes, are unavailable;
e. claimable on an “as is” basis only and subject to the requirements of participation;
f. subject to the Prize Winner satisfying lawful health, behaviour, age and safety requirements; and
g. exclusive of any additional costs and liabilities incurred by the Prize Winner that are not expressly stated as forming part of the Prize including, but not limited to, all government taxes, airport charges, airline surcharges, excess baggage, accommodation and all additional costs for the winner’s duration of stay should the winner choose to stay in Singapore, spending money, meals, taxes, additional travel, personal, property & health insurance, transport to and from departure point, items of a personal nature, in-room charges, losses, damages, claims, legal costs and increased personal taxation liabilities (“Additional Costs and Liabilities”). Payment for taxes and airport charges must be made prior to tickets being issued and are payable by cash or credit card only.
18. You must pay and incur all Additional Costs and Liabilities. The Promoter, its agents and servants are not liable for any Additional Costs and Liabilities. You indemnify the Promoter for any Additional Costs and Liabilities you incur.